Sunday, June 9, 2013

Becoming Children of God

Well I haven't posted for awhile, mostly because I didn't know what to post but now I've started to find things I want to write about.

I've been preparing to serve a mission so that's been fun! I love getting all my things gathered and feeling like it's all coming together. I can't believe it's actually happening.

Recently I was called to be in the Primary. I am now teaching the eleven year old girls. It's been quite the challenge because I've never been good at teaching kids. My bishop said it's good for future missionaries to teach the kids because it's the mentality that most investigators have when approaching the Church. I really love my primary class.

Singing time is my favorite part of primary though. A dear friend of mine leads the singing and she does such a good job. I love how she interacts with the kids and gets them interested in the music. Today we sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I've never really listened to the lyrics before but I'll post them at the bottom with a link to the music.

It's such a precious song and the words that hit me the hardest were the ones about how He loves me dearly and I am in His watchful care. Primary teaches us to return to the basics of the Gospel and to appreciate the simplicity that it really is. We must do as Mosiah teaches in Mosiah 18:22 and become like little children. We are all God's children and He wants us back in His arms.

I will work as a daughter of God, a missionary, to bring my family that is California to the light of the Gospel. I love the people there even though I don't know them and I am grateful for what they can teach me.



If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more rev’rently if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions?
Would I choose more worthily if I could see the Savior standing nigh
watching over me?
Watching over me, watching over me,
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care,
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.
I will be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment