Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blessings in Disguise

Sometimes we expect blessings that we're waiting for to come in the exact way we asked for them. Bless us with good health? We won't get sick. We pay tithing? We get monetary blessings. But one thing I've learned this week is the Lord doesn't always reply the same. If we put faith in Him He will  bless us. 

Here's why I think that. 

Again, mission things have been making me so stressed. Everybody around me tells me to have faith and I try super hard to just believe that the Lord will provide. This past week I have been so stressed again about money and saving. I was even so desperate I went to parent's for food. I was wondering why He wasn't giving me more money. I was saving, and paying tithing every paycheck. Sometimes extra because I would round up, or pay fast offerings. In my mind, I should be overloaded with money, my bounty over flowing. 

Not true. Tithing has become so hard to pay. I've really had to learn to budget. Yet I haven't seen any extra money. I have however seen blessings in other ways. For instance my mission papers could have been delayed two weeks because of cavities. But I'm still trying my best. The dentist sent in my medical stuff today, so that was a blessing. 

I love the Gospel and I love the Church. 

Amen

Alisha jean

No comments:

Post a Comment