Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The House of the Lord

Well reader's, just so ya'll know I'm preparing to serve a full time mission in July. I don't know where I'm going yet, I haven't even submitted my papers. But in three weeks I'll have them submitted and I'll have my call in about six.

Missions cost a lot of money folks, they aren't free. Ever since the age change in October I have been saving my butt of to try to earn as much as I can. Money has always been a stress point for me so saving this much and trying to budget has been a skilled I've needed to learn.

However, I have two jobs and still don't make that much. Not going to say the dollar amount but, let's just say that it's not enough. So today I got my paycheck and it was less than I thought it was going to be. My heart stopped. I am never going to be able to save up enough.

I called my dad and he said to just have faith. That if I do all that I can to save up enough they'll make up the rest. I still was feeling really stressed out so on my way home from work I stopped by the Logan Utah temple. There next the house of the Lord, I made peace with myself.

He didn't tell me that it was going to get easier. That's not the feeling I got. Instead the scripture from Doctrine and Covenants came into my head: "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not. Fear not."

Heavenly Father is watching over me. He knows my life and He knows what I'm going through and what I will go through. I just need to put my faith in Him, and although it's not going to be easy, realize that it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment