Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Standing up to Friends

To all my readers, how every many there are of you. Right now? Probably 0 considering I just started this blog a few hours ago. But I figured I'd address you anyway.

Tonight I'm eating dinner alone. Why? Because my roommates are watching inappropriate things on TV that I don't want to see or hear. I could be in there listening and laughing too, because ya some of the stuff is funny. But I know it's not what I want to surround myself with.

So instead I sit in my room with my frozen pizza and Barq's red cream soda and write to you guys. I didn't make a big deal or even say anything. I just gathered up my things and shut the door. No drama. No arguing. Just silent bravery.

Did you know it's a lot harder than it seems to stand up for your beliefs? Like I know that in church you always talk about getting up and walking out of room. It's really hard though. Because it's not like I was totally offended by what I saw or heard, it's just that those things aren't things that I really wanna surround myself with. Does that make sense?


They can choose to watch those things, I'm just choosing to not to. And it's not like I judge them for it. It's their life. I just know what I want out of this world and it's not those things on TV.

So readers, don't be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. Sometimes you will stand alone. I've never really had to do it till tonight, but the spirit you feel and the happiness you get is amazing. Ya you might feel like crying or feeling depressed but it's going to be ok. You did the right thing.

Love,

Alisha

1 comment: