Saturday, February 9, 2013

Did I not Speak Peace?

Doctrine and Covenants 6 is probably my favorite passage of scripture. I am constantly returning to it to gain insight and to make me feel better. Every single scripture in there is relate-able to me and my life. Ever since I was 16 and read it in the temple, I have been constantly returning. 

This past week has been yet another example of how it has helped me. I've been struggling with trying to decide if  a mission is for me. Like, I don't think I've ever really prayed about it. When they announced the age change, I just felt like serving a mission was now a commandment for me. But it wasn't. 

Girls still aren't required to go but they can and are strongly encouraged. I took the age change to mean I HAD to go without first really and truly praying. I hadn't gotten that confirmation that I needed. 

But oh I how I got it. I've been struggling to figure out if I want to serve a mission or not. If it's really for me or if I need to be doing different things. I would just like to illustrate a few of the many examples of confirmation I've had over the past four days:

  1. After going to the temple on Wednesday, the scripture in D&C 6:23. He's already told me that I need to go. 
  2. Yet ANOTHER boy wanted to be "just friends." Now I know it's not the typical way for God to answer prayers but the fact that every boy since October has felt like it wasn't right, is a huge evidence for me to know that dating is not my focus. My focus is my mision. 
  3. Patriarchal blessing, nuff said. 
  4. My best friend wrote me a letter this week that pretty much said, "Satan is going to make you feel like you shouldn't go, but don't give in. You need to serve a mission, Alisha, you will do so much good in the world."
  5. Doctrine and Covenants 6. Like I said this passage of scripture has been my go-to since I can remember. All the scriptures and sentences have little gems of revelation that make me feel peace. 
So there you have it folks. If anyone of you are doubting ANYTHING, turn to the Lord. He WILL bless you. He will edify your mind to know everything that you need to know. Have faith. Love the Lord. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment